12/19/2008

Sina's favorites : One hit wonders

For the final post of this special I'd like to mention those actors I liked in one movie only. There are so many of them out there and actually they should be discussed, too. I'd never go as far as calling them my favorites, since I don't like 90% of their work mostly. No disrespect, just counting. Let's take a look at those one hit wonders.

Keanu Reeves

He was Mr. "I talk kinda dumb" in many of his movies. What's that in "Johnny Mnemonic"? I love the movie but why has Keanu to talk as if he's a bit damaged? No, I am not a big fan of him BUT he was great in "My own private Idaho", that was some fine classic acting! Another good part was in "Dangerous liaisons". The rest of his career wasn't my cup of tea, not even in "Matrix" I liked him. I am sometimes under the impression he turns his acting down, fitting to the grade of the movie. That's btw what Udo Kier confesses to do. He used to say "If you want me on a B-Movie you also just get a B-Performance!".



Denzel Washington

Not a big fan of Denzel, though. I don't really know why, maybe its just not my kinda genres he's usually in. But I do love him for one role desperatly and that one is in "Fallen"! And from that movie I also got another favorite who is



Elias Koteas

I am not sure if I ever saw any of his movies, except for "Fallen". His filmography implies I should know him from 4,5 movies. But somehow I didn't see him in there what means nothing less than that I didn't like his performance then. But he was unbeatable in "Fallen", I can assure you!



Colm Feore

who I mentioned before was always the guy I got mixed up with Elias Koteas. They somehow did the same role from my point of view. One in "Fallen" and Feore in "Storm of the century". It's kinda similar but still the same greatness in there!



Alec Baldwin

I love him in "Mini's first time". That was such a great job! And yea I know he's a good actor but that doesnt mean I've seen him in so many movies. Still, I freaking love this character and acting.



Christian Bale

Was Patrick Bateman. One of the greatest characters ever written. He did him so well that the disappointment about him in person alreay started at the Making Of of the movie. It took some illussions about the actor himself. I never saw another movie again where I thought "Man that is a great actor" although I saw him in many. Nah.



Jon Bon Jovi

Yes, I know he's a musician. I loved him in "Vampires: Los Muertos" although the movie itself was a bit crappy.



I think I could go on with that for a while but you get the point here. Some actors don't need to be actual favorites, you see them, you enjoy their work, doesn't always take 20 movies of one actor to do so.

Thanks for reading our special over the last weeks, let us know how you liked it and suggest other specials if you like to!

Greetz, Sina Hawk

No comments: