9/16/2008

Storm of the century - one of King's good ones

Don't throw stones at me - or rotten tomatoes. I love Stephen King's books, all of them and I read 75% of them yet - but most of his movies are just ... boring! "It" could have been such a good one but it made me laugh more than being scared and "Cujo" was nearly cute. But I got a few favourites. This is one of them. (The other ones are "Nightmares & Dreamscapes" "Needful things" and "Dreamcatcher")



Okay to cut the story short:

A stranger called Andre Linoge comes to Little Tall Island (yes, thats the name) in the middle of a storm to get himself a child to raise for he is hundereds, maybe thousands of years old and to die soon (what in his case mean another hundered or thousand years). The community wouldnt be willing to take him serious so he starts controlling them and lets them kill themselfs and others with some help from his wolf-headed cane.

If you now think "Hm short story, nice" you are a bit mistaken. "Storm of the century" was brought to TV in 4 parts, each movie lenght - you are looking at a 240 minutes production here!

But what remains when you are done with watching the movie is mostly the guy who stared as "Linoge" - and two other side roles - an actor called Colm Feore. The funny thing about this guy is that you may be thinking that you know him from looots of other movies. At least it happened to me. Okay you could have noticed him in "City of angels" or "Face off" but at least I havent. When I watched this movie first, I thought "Hey, isnt that the guy from "Fallen"?" Nope it isnt, that is Elias Koteas and he doesnt really look like him.

Okay enough about my personal problems in the "who is who" of today's actors. Still, you gonna remember the guy but probably forget about the whole lot of cast in this movie because his performance is just one of the most evil performances I know so far and believe me I've seen alot of "evil" movies.

It's really one of King's good productions, you shouldnt miss watching it!

(Here's my fav Linoge Fan video from Youtube, the only one with acceptable matching music ;) I think about doing my own just to put "Sympathy for the devil" on it )

No comments: