1/07/2009

Five Fingers

And Ryan Phillippe at his Best

I stumbled about this movie when I was lately looking through the newer DVDs at the store. Thought to give Ryan Phillippe a chance once more. I must confess I am not a big fan of his movies, he somehow always belonged into teen movies, couldn't imagine him in something serious. The only thing I liked him in, but didn't we all, was in "Cruel intentions" in '99. But surprisingly his recent works feature a really grown up actor who doesn't need to hide behind all the good ones out there.

Now not to spoil the movie for ya, bcs I really liked the ending, I can't tell you so much about it, unfortunately.

Matijn (R.Phillippe) goes to Morocco to "change the world" with his food program. He gets himself a guide and jumps on the plane, leaving his sad girlfriend behind. But when arrived he suddenly gets caught by terrorists and held hostage. They ask him questions he could not answer and suspect him working for the CIA, while he just wants to help the people - now does he. For every answer they don't like they go on cutting one of his fingers off, since he is known to be a good pianist in his spare time. How many fingers will it take till the truth comes out?

Since I didn't know the story - if I find a good lookin DVD I don't really care about the movie till I've seen it - I was kinda impressed by it. As I started up with, Ryan Phillippe really does some good work on there and however the story doesn't even get boring, even though only 6 people are involved in it. So if you are a fan of carefully made up stories, you might like this one, I guess!

1 comment:

Cousin G said...

Matter of fact, Ryan Phillippe was and still is the "poor producer's DiCaprio, you always have the feel that all he gets are the leftovers" ;)